BRC Food Course Issue 8 – Third Party Auditor
This five-day course covers the third party audit requirements against the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 and includes all relevant aspects of auditing within the food sector. The course includes the protocol and the requirements of Issue 7, and BRC audit methodology, particularly audit management and consistent report writing.
Before the course you will need a working knowledge of quality management systems and auditing within the relevant manufacturing sector, and you must have completed a HACCP course (minimum 2 days’ duration).
Before the course you must have read and reviewed a copy of the Standard.
At the end of the course you will be assessed by an exam.
The Course is Aimed At
- New auditors seeking registration
- Technical and quality managers
- Prospective certification body auditors
- New appointments and newly-promoted staff
At the End of the Course You Will
- Understand the background and benefits of the Standard
- Understand the relationship with other Standards: SALSA, ISO and the GFSI benchmarked Standards
- Know the fundamental clauses and statements of intent
- BRC audit methodology
- The enrolment program
- The unannounced audit schemes
- Know how to close an audit and deal with corrective actions
- Know how reports are uploaded on to the BRC Directory and how certificates are issued
- Understand the benefits of a BRC Directory listing
- Understand how certification bodies are monitored for compliance by the BRC