BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 – BRC HACCP
This two-day course addresses one of the key requirements of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7; the adoption and implementation of a HACCP system.
This course programme reflects the requirements of the Standard with regards to the implementation of a HACCP system. This course will introduce delegates to BRC requirements, quality systems, HACCP and the background to HACCP, BRC and Codex.
The course is aimed at:
- Food site technical managers, quality managers and quality teams
- Members of food safety management teams implementing HACCP or food safety plans
- Food laboratory directors, managers and technicians
- Consultants and researchers involved in food safety
- It may also be considered as staff development for those working towards promotion
At the end of the course you will:
- Explain the benefits of HACCP and BRC requirements in relation to HACCP
- Describe Codex Alimentarius principles of HACCP
- Describe the reasons HACCP may fail and the most common BRC non-conformities related to HACCP
- Explain the importance of management commitment and prerequisite programmes
- Complete the preparatory stages for developing the HACCP plan
- Conduct a hazard analysis, determine CCPs and develop a HACCP plan with monitoring, corrective action and verification activities